Cowen Washington Research Group #2 in Institutional Investor All America Research Poll
For the 5th year in a row, Cowen Washington Research Group (WRG) placed second in the highly coveted Institutional Investor All America Research poll’s Washington Research Category. Cowen WRG finished #1 among hedge funds, #1 among the top commission payers and is the only firm with 4 of the top 10 policy analysts in the Washington Research category (no other firm has more than 2). The survey is based on input from nearly 1,500 buy-side firms and more than 3,700 individual buy-side investors.
Cowen’s WRG is a backbone of Cowen’s deep thematic content. The group is assimilated into Cowen’s research analysis and provides a unique competitive advantage. Cowen’s WRG leverages it’s valuable macro perspective to complement the domain expertise of Cowen’s exceptional fundamental equity research team.
WRG has been probing policy decisions and the political climate for more than 45 years and joined Cowen in 2016. During this time, their expansive coverage on everything Washington have made them a conclusive voice amongst investors as well as policy makers.
Cowen WRG includes seven policy analysts:
- Chris Krueger, Macro, Trade, Fiscal and Tax Policy,
- Eric Assaraf, Healthcare and Medical Technology Policy
- Paul Gallant, Technology, Media & Telecom/FCC Policy
- Rick Weissenstein, Health Care Services and Pharmaceutical Policy
- John Miller, ESG and Sustainability Policy
- Roman Schweizer, Aerospace & Defense Policy
- Jaret Seiberg, Financial Services Policy