Broker Dealer Auditor
Experienced - BFO
The Internal Audit Department of Cowen Inc. is a team of qualified professionals that conduct periodic financial, operational, and regulatory audits. In addition, the team performs a continuous assessment of the related risks facing the Firm and testing of relevant mitigating controls.
We are looking for an auditor with at least three years of relevant broker-dealer audit experience. Previous audit experience in the financial services industry strongly preferred. The candidate will be physically located in London and will primarily perform procedures for the firm’s U.K. affiliates in London and Belfast.
The Auditor is expected to work with the U.S. based Audit team to accomplish the following:
- Perform risk-based audit work, including detailed walkthrough meetings, documentation review, and substantive testing.
- Perform CASS control reviews and control testing for key business processes.
- Assess control strengths and weaknesses and determine compliance with policies, FCA guidelines and industry best practices.
- Document findings to confirm accuracy of observations, make recommendations to improve controls and agree upon action plans.
- Present findings in internal audit reports.
- Follow up on agreed action plans to ensure that these are completed on a timely basis.
- Provision of management information on the performance of the audit plan.
- Escalation of key material findings to management.
- Work with management to strengthen controls across the business.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
- The skills, experience, and knowledge required to be considered for this position include:
- Undergraduate degree with a major in Accounting, Finance, or a related field of study.
- Strong knowledge of the UK regulatory regime including FCA rules, related regulatory filing requirements and anti-financial crime controls.
- 3-5 years of experience performing regulatory compliance audits in the U.K. and CASS control reviews.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Desired Knowledge:
- Some knowledge of Internal Audit software preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of tools, including Visio preferred.
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.