Business and Financial Operations
Cowen Inc. is a diversified financial services firm that operates through two business segments: a broker dealer and an investment management division. The Company’s broker dealer division offers investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing and commission management services. Cowen’s investment management segment offers actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen Inc. focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the firm is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide. Learn more at Cowen.com
We have a proud tradition of attracting and retaining individuals who are smart, hardworking, ambitious and team players. Cowen is large enough to provide substantial resources to each employee, yet small enough so that each member’s contribution is recognised.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Cowen is currently seeking a driven and enthusiastic Human Resources Analyst to join the HR team to assist with coordination and execution of all HR activity. Located in London, the focus of the role is to provide support for our HR and Talent Acquisition partners in the execution of all day-to-day HR activities.
Payroll, Benefits & Workday
- Assist in processing the monthly payroll – collect payroll documentation and complete input spreadsheets in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure accurate, timely data entry into HR/Payroll systems including but not limited to leaves of absences/ FTE changes, new starts, leavers and salary changes
- Liaise with payroll managers in Hong Kong, Germany, and Luxembourg.
- General HR queries (i.e. Benefits/Workday/Payroll) and liaise with the relevant subject matter
- Advise and inform employees of benefit plan details, changes, new offers, etc.
- Partnering with the UK Business Partner help support employee and managers manage leaves of absence, including parental leaves and sick leave.
- Provide support and advice on educational sponsorship requests and VISA issuance
Support the start to end onboarding process for all lateral and graduate hires this including:
- Liaise with background screening and keep the candidate informed on progress
- completing a new hire induction and right to work checks
- Support new hires with their benefit enrollments
- Liaise with compliance and various support functions
- Complete various offboarding procedures, including data entry into workday, producing leaver letters and working with the HR Business partner to complete exit interview where applicable
- Complete all references for current and previous employees upon request
Graduate Recruitment Coordinator
- Scheduling, coordinating and facilitating of in person, phone and video-conference interviews.
- Updating and maintaining our Talent Management System (Greenhouse).
- Helping to manage contact with candidates and recruitment agencies.
- Greeting and onsite management of interview candidates and gathering interview feedback.
- Assisting with general HR projects, HR transactions and employee issues as needed.
- Handling and responding to business and employee recruiting questions and requests as needed.
- Provide support to Talent Acquisition Lead on the roll out of the EMEA Campus Recruiting effort.
- Generally assisting with all administrative tasks.
- Support with general HR queries ( i.e. Benefits/Workday/Payroll) and liaise with the relevant subject matter experts both in the UK and the US where appropriate;
- Support the HR Team with various projects aligned to the UK HR automation and continuous improvement strategy.
- Support the delivery of all HR related processes such as performance reviews, compensation reviews, talent management where required
- Support on d-hoc reporting packs highlighting trends across the employee lifecycle (recruitment, Learning & Development, employee engagement, performance management, leaver analysis, diversity demographics and headcount data
Skills / Experience Required
- Degree educated with minimum 2.1 achieved in any subject
- Able to identify and manage confidential and sensitive information or situations in a professional manner
- Strong interest in Human Resources
- Able to work independently and organise and prioritise workload
- Payroll or HR qualification/certification an asset
- Previous experience or exposure to Human Resources
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work efficiently with global, diverse teams spread across different time zones
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork and ability to collaborate with others
- Exhibit Cowen’s Core Values
Cowen is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.