Treasury Cash Management Associate
Business and Financial Operations
New York, NY
Cowen Inc. is looking for an Associate to join its Treasury team.
Responsibilities will include cash and liquidity management, cashflow forecasting, bank and clearinghouse relationship management, cash accounting, FX hedging and payments management. Responsible for applying policies and procedures in the timely handling, processing and deposit of cash receipts or disbursements. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to manage an analyst in day to day operations.
- Manage the firm’s liquidity, funding, capital and allocation of financial resources
- Liaise with Front Office and Operations to forecast cash funding needs
- Work with Accounting to manage FX exposure and execute hedge trading
- Manage clearinghouse margin requirements in partnership with Credit Risk
- Interface with banking partners on account creation and service level maintenance
- Maintain strong internal controls and keep process documentation up-to-date
- Collaborate with technology and vendors to automate reporting and processes
- Perform monthly liquidity stress testing
- Produce quarterly compliance reporting for the firm’s debt and credit providers
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business management required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of post-undergraduate experience with a bank, broker dealer, or asset manager in a corporate treasury function a plus. Hedge fund operations (PB, ISDA, FX, etc.) experience applicable.
- Understanding of treasury operations and accounting including FX, liquidity, cashflow, financial instruments, interest in financial technology and capital markets
- Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated individual with strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
- Ability to work within deadlines while still providing a high-quality product
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Learn more at cowen.com