Equity Research Associate, TMT - Semiconductors
Experienced - Res
New York, NY
Cowen is looking for an Associate to join its TMT, Semiconductors Equity Research team in New York or San Francisco.
The successful candidate will work directly with the Senior Research Analyst on many aspects of the research process including: building and maintaining financial models, performing financial analysis and due diligence, writing investment-driven research reports, developing and fielding industry surveys and undertaking a wide array of industry analyses and competitive assessments. The associate will have broad exposure to company managements, investor conferences, and the research process that professional investment analysts utilize to make investments and recommendations.
The following are the minimum requirements for the position:
- An undergraduate degree in a related area of study with a strong GPA. An MBA is a plus
- 2 years+ sell or buy side experience preferably in the semiconductor or related space
- CFA/CFA Track a plus
- Strong quantitative, financial modeling and Excel skills with a thorough understanding of financial analysis and the investment process
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills. As part of the interview process candidates will be asked to provide a writing sample
- Securities licenses preferred (SIE/series 7, 63, 86, 87)
- Proven ability to work well on teams, self-motivated, showing initiative, a positive attitude and a willingness to work hard.
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Learn more at cowen.com