Operations Analyst – Securities Finance Operations
Belfast, UK, London, UK
Job Title: Operations Analyst – Securities Finance Operations
Department: Operations – Securities Finance
Corporate Title: Associate – AVP
Location: Belfast or London
Cowen Inc. is a diversified financial services firm that operates through two business segments: a broker dealer and an investment management division. The Company’s broker dealer division offers investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing and commission management services. Cowen’s investment management segment offers actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen Inc. focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the firm is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide. Learn more at Cowen.com
We have a proud tradition of attracting and retaining individuals who are smart, hardworking, ambitious and team players. Cowen is large enough to provide substantial resources to each employee, yet small enough so that each member’s contribution is recognised.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Main purpose of the Role:
We are seeking an Operations Professional, who will act as a key team player in the Settlements & Collateral team for our Stock Loan International business. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring timely allocation of trades, settlement, cash collateral movements and reconciliation of any exceptions. We are looking for a professional with excellent written and verbal communications skills who is exceptionally organized and detail oriented. The successful candidates will need to exhibit strong academic performance, exceptional interpersonal skills, and superior analytical, and communication skills.
- Ensuring timely allocation of trades, settlement, cash collateral movements and reconciliation of any exceptions
- Liaising with counterparties, Settlements, Middle Office and Front office to resolve issues and settle trades
- Working with Middle Office to resolve booking issues and amendments
- Working with Treasury daily to project the day’s cash usage
- Resolving any external breaks on the daily contract comparison report
- Pre-matching trades for future settlement
- Investigating outstanding breaks and resolving them in a timely manner
- Working closely with the New York team to address any outstanding issues from the day
- Working with the Front Office to streamline the operation flow of the various products that we support
Skills / Experience Required
- 2-3 years’ work experience in Operations/Clearing/ International Settlements
- Knowledge of investment types and financial markets
- Experience with reconciliation, trade input and accounting reporting
- Trade settlement experience in various International markets.
- Middle Office support experience
- Customer focused attitude, and able to interface directly with clients
- Ensure high levels of confidentiality are maintained in relation to the work of the company and clients.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Experience working with clearing counterparties
- Ability to manage high volumes with multiple settlement and payment deadlines
- Knowledge of Broadridge systems, including 4SF, Shadow and Gloss would be highly advantageous. Knowledge of Swift and UBS Key Link would be preferential
- Ability to use Excel to manipulate and summarise financial data
- Able to create, build and maintain strong relations with a wide variety of clients, custodians and other service providers.
- Comfortable liaising with Front Office staff on a daily basis.
- Ability to network across the entire Cowen group including with support functions and other client facing teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Confident, knowledgeable, hardworking and with the highest standards of personal integrity
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- Exceptional organization skills
- Excellent teamwork and ability to collaborate with others
- Exhibit Cowen’s Core Values
- Effective problem solver with exquisite attention to detail
Cowen is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.