Transactional Attorney - Cowen Investment Management
Business and Financial Operations
New York, NY
Cowen is seeking a transactional lawyer with 4-6 years’ experience to primarily support Cowen’s Investment Management Business. The candidate will evaluate and work on transactions in investment strategies offered by Cowen with a focus on supporting Cowen’s sustainable investments strategy and other private equity investment strategies. The candidate may also be asked to work on corporate transactions on behalf of Cowen Inc.
- JD degree from a leading university and licensed to practice law in New York
- Experience working with private equity fund sponsors preferred
- Experience with private equity fund formation would be helpful though not required
- High levels of ethics, integrity, and judgment
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior professionals and clients in a professional setting
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Comfortable in and committed to a teamwork environment
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Open approach to change, new tasks, and new strategies.
As part of its hiring process, Cowen verifies identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by law. At this time, Cowen Inc. will not sponsor a new applicant for an employment visa for this position.