Data Science Intern
Data Science Group
New York, NY
Kyber Data Science is looking for a Data Scientist Intern who will assist in the creation of data products that provide insights on company and industry trends. The ideal candidate will have extensive healthcare domain experience and a functional understanding of data and statistical modeling as it pertains to the financial services industry. The role can be part-time or full-time. Candidates must be able to start immediately.
Kyber Data Science, a Cowen company, is focused on the analysis and structuring of complex datasets with the goal of providing investment managers with data-driven, fundamental insights and enabling them to better understand company & product trends.
- Conduct analysis and modeling of complex data sources to discover hidden patterns, forecast KPIs and identify key company/industry trends.
- Assist in the launch of data products and communication of data driven insights from research.
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of incoming transaction-level data.
- Currently enrolled in, or completed a Masters program in a highly quantitative field (statistics, computer science, mathematics, finance, etc) or a healthcare-related degree with significant project experience
- Must have US work authorization and can start immediately
- Strong programming experience with Python and/or SQL, with the ability to write well-documented production-level code required
- Practical knowledge & experience with statistical methods (panel data, time series) & machine learning required
- Experience with AWS technologies like S3, EC2, as well as data science tools like Snowflake and Spark preferred
- Experience with the analysis & modeling of large, patient-level healthcare RWD (claims, EMR, registry) preferred
- Prior finance & accounting coursework or job experience preferred
- Interest in incorporating data and data analysis into the investment process
- Detail oriented with the ability to clearly & concisely communicate actionable conclusions from complex analysis, in both written and oral formats.