Analyst, Data Analytics - Cowen Sustainable Investments
Cowen and Company (Asia) Ltd is looking for a data analyst to support the Cowen Sustainable Investments team. The role, based in Hong Kong, will work closely with both the portfolio team and the technology team based in New York City.
The strategy is focused on sustainable investing with an ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) mandate.
- Analyze structured and unstructured data, build valuation, risk management, capital structure arbitrage and other financial models.
- Build and improve existing quantitative models that focus on statistics, machine learning and deep learning; including building, data gathering, data cleaning, and data analysis in both deal-specific and non-deal specific scenarios.
- Design technology systems in MatLab/Python and build web user interface for a cross-asset class investment team.
- Coordinate with technology group to incorporate quantitative models into web-based user interface.
- A graduate degree from a top tier university in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Physics
- Strong analytical and programming skills with focus on machine learning
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with team members
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- An exceptional work ethic
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.