Data Analytics Analyst or Associate, Cowen Sustainable Investments
Cowen Investment Management is looking for a data analyst to join the Cowen Sustainable Investments team. The role will work closely with both the portfolio team and the technology team at Cowen.
The strategy is focused on sustainable investing with an ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) mandate.
- Analyze structured and unstructured data, build valuation, risk management, capital structure arbitrage and other financial models.
- Build and improve existing quantitative models that focus on statistics, machine learning and deep learning; including building, data gathering, data cleaning, and data analysis in both deal-specific and non-deal specific scenarios.
- Design technology systems in MatLab/Python and build web user interface for a cross-asset class investment team.
- Coordinate with technology group to incorporate quantitative models into web-based user interface.
- An undergraduate or graduate program in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Physics.
- Strong analytical and programming skills with focus on machine learning
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with team members
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- An exceptional work ethic