Cowen has pioneered the development of the institutional market in cannabis by leveraging our insights to help clients navigate a rapidly growing and changing global industry.
Since 2016, Cowen has distinguished our expertise as a leader in cross-sector collaboration spanning consumer, health care, technology, industrials and regulatory policy verticals to offer the most comprehensive analysis of the global cannabis industry available on Wall Street.
- Our Ahead Of The Curve® Cannabis coverage provides analysis of the US and global market opportunities, Canada’s legalization of adult use sales, the CBD market, expansion of international markets, and proliferation of consumer brands and novel form factors.
- Our technical analysts, traders, options specialists and beyond share insights that highlight market flows, indicators, credit updates and other noteworthy developments impacting the performance of Cannabis industry securities through our Harvesting Gains trading desk commentary.
Guided by our core values of vision, empathy, sustainability and tenacious teamwork, we partner with best-in-class teams to advise from a seat at the table throughout this critical evolution of the industry across our Capabilities.
- In addition to having served as the first traditional U.S. investment bank to provide underwriting and advisory services in the legal Cannabis sector, we have acted as lead underwriter and/or financial advisor on over 20 completed transactions.
- Our deep relationships with preeminent leaders support our ability to successfully raise capital, facilitate strategic transactions and identify alpha-generating opportunities for portfolio managers in the sector.
- Our innovative venue analysis and market structure research enables us to develop customized algorithms designed to optimize trading in cannabis securities, addressing challenges such as morning session volatility.
- Our collaborative approach enables us to address challenges facing investors in cannabis securities, including those relating to custody, trading, margin and stock loan.
We look forward to establishing our way to outperform in the legal Cannabis sector together.