IT Infrastructure Engineer - Systems
Experienced - BFO
The IT Infrastructure Engineer for Systems will be a key member of the team that manages and maintains the Cowen core system hardware and software globally to meet the 24/7 needs of our employees and our clients. Notably, should systems incidents occur, the Engineer must urgently identify the issues, troubleshoot, and resolve them. While working primarily in support of the US/UK firm operations, the Engineer shall also provide support for international operations.
- Urgently address any systems incidents that occur during business hours
- Promptly respond to requests for provisioning, troubleshooting, escalation, or other queries that arise regarding systems issues
- Perform off-hours maintenance and upgrade activities as needed
- Participate in on-call rotation for out of hours incidents
- Ensure that root causes of incidents are documented and communicated to the rest of the team(s) to prevent reoccurrences
Additional Expectations Include
- When not responding to incidents, the Engineer and team are responsible for projects that will help maintain the firm’s systems, address legal and compliance items, business demands, and any other requirements.
- Identify, plan, seek approval, and implement improvements in the infrastructure systems to provide greater stability, quicker failover, greater compliance, and all-around smoother operations
- Seek and pursue opportunities to learn more about the technologies in use at the firm, as well as technologies in use outside the firm that the firm would benefit from adopting and leveraging.
Travel: Local travel to datacenter, may be occasional travel elsewhere in UK.
Skills and Experience
- A relevant university degree in technology or related discipline, or recognised professional or equivalent qualification, or qualified by experience
- 5+ years’ IT experience in a mid-sized financial services firm or other fast-paced professional services organization
- Experience of promptly resolving issues that are business critical alongside a wide breadth of knowledge across systems hardware and software, including servers, storage, backups, messaging, remote access, and security.
- Resolve, identify and troubleshoot incidents in a calm and professional manner, keeping stakeholders informed and minimizing impact wherever possible
- Ability to use initiative to prioritize problems and tasks appropriately
- Excellent communication skills and close attention to detail
- Proven ability and track record for being a team player who routinely puts the team’s success before their own
- Strong support and client management skills
Beneficial / Desirable
- Experience in financial services industry
- Knowledge and fluency in Windows computing environments (Windows Server 2008R2 – 2019)
- Knowledge and fluency in Microsoft technologies (Active Directory, Group Policy, IIS, Microsoft 365, Exchange/Exchange Online, File Sharing, Azure AD, Intune).
- Knowledge and fluency in VMWare environments (vSphere 6.7 – 7.0)
- Knowledge and fluency in storage, backup, and replication technologies (Pure, Dell EMC Unity, S3, Glacier, Rubrik, Zerto)
- Experience with Linux systems.
- Knowledge in Citrix Infrastructure.
- Knowledge in computer hardware (servers, storage, backup systems)
- TCP/IP Networking knowledge & understanding
- Information security knowledge & understanding
- Proficient in MS PowerShell
Beneficial / Desirable
- Cloud environment experience (AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge of financial industry platforms (Fidessa, BBG etc.)
- Knowledge of enterprise monitoring platforms and tools
- Experience using ServiceNow, JIRA or other ITIL tools
- Proficient in other scripting languages and automation tools technologies (Autosys, Sumo, Orchestrator)
- Aligned with Cowen’s Core Values
- Team goal orientated to ensure team output is maximized
- Thrives in fast-paced environments where the ability to multi-task and a sense of urgency are crucial
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Embraces challenges and is a methodical problem solver
- Independent decision-making capability and ability to provide critical feedback and challenge processes collaboratively
- Proactively identifies and fixes issues before they become larger problems
- Ability to relate well with others and build relationships
- Curious about technology and hungry to learn about it and how it might be applicable
Who We Are
As a leading corporate and investment bank, TD Securities offers a wide range of integrated capital markets products and services. Our corporate, government, and institutional clients choose us for our innovation, execution, and experience.
With more than 6,500 professionals operating out of 40 cities across the globe, we help clients meet their needs today and prepare for tomorrow. Our services include underwriting and distributing new issues, providing trusted advice and industry-leading insight, extending access to global markets, and delivering integrated transaction banking solutions.
TD Cowen is a division of TD Securities. As part of TD Securities' broader suite of integrated capital markets products and services, our offering includes investment banking, research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, outsourced trading, and commission management services.
We are growth-oriented, people-focused, and community-minded. As a team, we work to deliver value for our clients every day.
Learn more: https://www.cowen.com/ and https://www.linkedin.com/company/cowen-inc/
We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform.
We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients.
We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time.
We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.