Technologist - Trade Support Specialist
Experienced - BFO
New York, NY
TD Cowen is seeking a technologist with the experience and/or background in the financial services industry that will enable them to excel in a dynamic and highly technical environment.
The Production Support role will support all of TD Cowen’s business globally providing operational technical support across internally developed, Off-The-Shelf and SaaS based applications. The primary objectives for this role will be to work closely with traders, technology, product control, and various other teams across the organization both regionally and globally, ensuring efficient daily operations and controls.
- Real-time monitoring of all trading systems, including FIX connectivity.
- Execution consulting, product expertise to supplement the Cowen’s trading desk for Equities & Options.
- Working with venue and execution counterparties to resolve trading issues.
- Analyzing and troubleshooting trade fails, PnL discrepancies, trade errors.
- Provide support for customizations and enhancement requests that get deployed into production.
- Working with various teams within the firm to troubleshoot production issues.
- Bachelor’s degree with commensurate experience in Finance Services industry, with understanding of fast-paced trading environment.
- Strong knowledge of Equity Trading (Including trading compliance rules, CAT, IOIs & Trade Advertisements).
- Familiarity with Options Trading and understanding of US Trading environment & market rules.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and uses initiative to act on opportunities.
- Ability to efficiently troubleshoot trading issues in time critical & pressured scenarios, facing very demanding stakeholders, managing their expectations and develop strong working relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills, being able to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Attention to detail and a strong commitment to quality and integrity.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative / matrix environment.
- Technical Skills
- Trading Platform – Fidessa - USTP / ETP / CTAC
- FIX Messaging
- Option Trading System – Wolverine
- Market Data – Bloomberg
- Experience with one or more of the following: SQL, C/C++, Perl, Python, PowerShell is a plus
- Understanding of ITIL foundation (Incident, Problem, Change) methodologies also a plus
- Automation tools; Autosys also a plus
The expected base salary ranges from $110,000-$160,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licenses or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. In addition to salary and a generous employee benefits package, successful candidates are eligible to receive a discretionary bonus.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Who We Are
As a leading corporate and investment bank, TD Securities offers a wide range of integrated capital markets products and services. Our corporate, government, and institutional clients choose us for our innovation, execution, and experience.
With more than 6,500 professionals operating out of 40 cities across the globe, we help clients meet their needs today and prepare for tomorrow. Our services include underwriting and distributing new issues, providing trusted advice and industry-leading insight, extending access to global markets, and delivering integrated transaction banking solutions.
TD Cowen is a division of TD Securities. As part of TD Securities' broader suite of integrated capital markets products and services, our offering includes investment banking, research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, outsourced trading, and commission management services.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Learn more at: https://www.cowen.com/ and https://www.linkedin.com/company/cowen-inc/
If you are a California resident, please read our Privacy Notice for California Residents: https://www.cowen.com/regulatory-disclosures/privacy-notice-for-california-residents/
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.