Broker- Dealer Accountant
Experienced - BFO
TD Cowen is looking for a Broker-Dealer Accountant to join its Finance team in London.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for compilation and analysis of legal entity books and records within two regulated entities – focusing on the Cowen Execution Services Limited (CESL) broker dealer and Cowen International Limited (CIL) Prime business. These businesses are undergoing considerable growth and will soon be adding several new products lines and the successful candidate will actively be involved in building out the supporting finance processes and controls for these. Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation, analysis and properly document the month-end close in accordance with GAAP and FRS102. This will include reconciliation and substantiation of balance sheet accounts for the CESL and CIL legal entities.
- Review month end balance sheet & income statement are accurate with respect to correct GAAP & regulatory treatment.
- Prepare journal entries and working papers to ensure that the general ledger activity is accurate and complete.
- Prepare and enhance monthly and quarterly MI including preparing commentary and analysis - particularly in relation to the CIL Prime business MI enhancements are required.
- Assist in the preparation of Corporation Tax and VAT returns.
- Work closely with the Treasury, Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable department to ensure all bank, monthly billings & customer invoices reconciliations are accurate.
- Review, reconcile and settle Intercompany accounts and transfer pricing activity.
- Preparing annual statutory accounts and disclosures for both CESL and CIL.
- Assisting with audit requests including preparation of reconciliations, organising documents and responding to inquiries.
- Participate in the implementation of new accounting and reporting processes, procedures and controls.
- Maintain strong internal controls and keep process documentation up to date
- Support special broker dealer projects and ad hoc reporting as required – including additional automation of financial accounting processes.
Job Requirements/ Qualifications
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in a financial services firm performing an accounting / finance role – experience within a broker dealer or prime brokerage business would be highly preferable
- Recognised accountancy qualification (ACA / CIMA / ACCA) essential
- Excellent knowledge of capital markets products (Prime Brokerage, OTC derivatives, Listed Futures and Options, FX etc) and the accounting/reporting of these products
- Organised, detail oriented and self-motivated individual with strong analytical skills
- Understanding of public company Sarbanes-Oxley controls and importance of adherence to them
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work within deadlines while still providing a high-quality work product
Who We Are
As a leading corporate and investment bank, TD Securities offers a wide range of integrated capital markets products and services. Our corporate, government, and institutional clients choose us for our innovation, execution, and experience.
With more than 6,500 professionals operating out of 40 cities across the globe, we help clients meet their needs today and prepare for tomorrow. Our services include underwriting and distributing new issues, providing trusted advice and industry-leading insight, extending access to global markets, and delivering integrated transaction banking solutions.
TD Cowen is a division of TD Securities. As part of TD Securities' broader suite of integrated capital markets products and services, our offering includes investment banking, research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, outsourced trading, and commission management services.
We are growth-oriented, people-focused, and community-minded. As a team, we work to deliver value for our clients every day.
Learn more: https://www.cowen.com/ and https://www.linkedin.com/company/cowen-inc/
We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform.
We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients.
We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time.
We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Privacy Notices and Policies | Cowen
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.