Financial Controller Tax
Experienced - BFO
TD Cowen is looking for a Financial Controller to join its Finance team in London. This is an accounting role but will have a strong component related to tax (Corp tax / VAT) and Transfer Pricing.
The successful candidate will be part of the Finance team in London which is responsible for compilation and analysis of legal entity books and records within two regulated entities – focusing on the Cowen Execution Services Limited (CESL) broker dealer and Cowen International Limited (CIL) Prime business. This role will focus on various aspects of tax – including oversight of corporation tax provisioning and annual returns, VAT and also overseeing various transfer pricing arrangements across the UK/HK group. The role will also have management accounting duties to support the wider finance team. Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for quarterly and annual HMRC corporation tax and VAT filings, including coordination with our external service providers on preparation of returns
- Assist with monthly financial close process, including analytical reviews of balance sheet and PL.
- Prepare monthly transfer pricing working papers and ensure that the general ledger activity is accurate and complete.
- Prepare monthly corporation tax and irrecoverable VAT estimates for monthly accounting close
- Review transfer pricing impact of new products and services to ensure we have suitable policies set up and documentation in place
- Annual benchmarking review of transfer pricing policies (e.g. mark up rates) to confirm in line with HMRC requirements
- Work with the Accounts Receivable department to ensure all billings & customer invoices are accurate for VAT (e.g. for billing of new services).
- Review, reconcile and settle Intercompany accounts and transfer pricing activity.
- Preparing annual statutory tax disclosures for both CESL and CIL.
- Assisting with audit requests including preparation of tax reconciliations, organising documents and responding to inquiries.
- Participate in the implementation of new HMRC requirements, including enhanced documentation, procedures and controls (e.g. tax digitization).
- Maintain strong internal controls and keep process documentation up to date
- Support special broker dealer projects and ad hoc reporting as required – including additional automation of financial accounting processes.
Job Requirements/ Qualifications
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a financial services firm performing an accounting / finance role – experience within a broker dealer or prime brokerage business would be highly preferable
- Recognised accountancy qualification (ACA / CIMA / ACCA) essential
- Excellent knowledge of capital markets products (Prime Brokerage, OTC derivatives, Listed Futures and Options, FX etc) and the accounting/reporting of these products
- Organised, detail oriented and self-motivated individual with strong analytical skills
- Understanding of public company Sarbanes-Oxley controls and importance of adherence to them
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work within deadlines while still providing a high-quality work product
Who We Are
As a leading corporate and investment bank, TD Securities offers a wide range of integrated capital markets products and services. Our corporate, government, and institutional clients choose us for our innovation, execution, and experience.
With more than 6,500 professionals operating out of 40 cities across the globe, we help clients meet their needs today and prepare for tomorrow. Our services include underwriting and distributing new issues, providing trusted advice and industry-leading insight, extending access to global markets, and delivering integrated transaction banking solutions.
TD Cowen is a division of TD Securities. As part of TD Securities' broader suite of integrated capital markets products and services, our offering includes investment banking, research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, outsourced trading, and commission management services.
We are growth-oriented, people-focused, and community-minded. As a team, we work to deliver value for our clients every day.
Learn more: https://www.cowen.com/ and https://www.linkedin.com/company/cowen-inc/
We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform.
We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients.
We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time.
We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Privacy Notices and Policies | Cowen
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.