HR Compensation Manager
Experienced - BFO
New York, NY
The Human Resources team is looking for a Compensation Manger. The role will be based in the New York City office and a hybrid work-from-home / in-office opportunity.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain company’s compensation model / employee compensation database
- Compensation modeling and analysis which includes, but not limited to management reporting and compensation components budgeting / forecast.
- Responsible for preparation, collection, and analysis of annual compensation survey.
- Prepare monthly compensation reporting for accruals.
- Review new hire agreements and responsible for execution of compensation awards.
- Collaborate with partners including HR Business Partners, Legal, and Accounting.
- 6+ years of relevant Compensation experience in financial services
- Collaborative and strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work with, influence, and build relationships with multiple stakeholders and with HR colleagues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and think clearly under pressure
- Highly organized, strong project management and excellent follow-through
- Self-motivated, curious learner; creative and willing to try new ideas
- Team player who is dependable, enthusiastic, and has a positive attitude
The expected base salary ranges from $120,000 - $175,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licenses or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. In addition to salary and a generous employee benefits package, successful candidates are eligible to receive a discretionary bonus.
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Learn more at: https://www.cowen.com/ and https://www.linkedin.com/company/cowen-inc/
If you are a California resident, please read our Privacy Notice for California Residents
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.