Accounts Payable Analyst
Experienced - BFO
Lake Mary, FL
The Accounts Payable Department is looking for an Analyst to join their team. The role will be based in the Lake Mary office and a hybrid work-from-home/in-office opportunity
Your responsibilities will include:
- Process a high volume of invoices in an accurate, timely manner
- Review expense reports for accuracy
- Communicate with internal staff and external suppliers regarding payment status of invoices, general inquires, and all other relevant requests
- Assist accounting team with internal/external audit requests
- Perform daily/month-end reconciliation of cash for multiple entities
- Assist with booking journal entries as needed
- Adopt ad-hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or related field and 0-2 years of experience
- Advanced understanding of spreadsheet applications and strong analytical skills
- Understanding of month-end close process
- Proven ability to work well on teams; showing initiative, a positive attitude and willingness to work hard
- Organized, self-motivated, detail and deadline oriented
- Working knowledge of finance industry preferred
- Workday experience preferred
The expected base salary ranges from $50,000–$75,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licenses or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. In addition to salary and a generous employee benefits package, successful candidates are eligible to receive a discretionary bonus.
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Learn more at: https://www.cowen.com/ and https://www.linkedin.com/company/cowen-inc/
If you are a California resident, please read our Privacy Notice for California Residents
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.