Operations Analyst – Settlement Support
Experienced - BFO
Belfast, Northern Ireland, Belfast, UK
TD Cowen is currently seeking an Operations Professional to add to our Belfast City Centre team, who will act as support, primarily for UK based equity traders/clients across the European markets. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring timely settlement of trades and reconciliation of any exceptions. We are looking for a professional with excellent written and verbal communications skills who is exceptionally organized and detail oriented. The successful candidates will need to exhibit strong academic performance, exceptional interpersonal skills, and superior analytical, computer, and communication skills.
To help ensure our clients continue to receive an outstanding level of service, the Operations Professional must be able to manage multiple simultaneous tasks in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
We are looking for a professional with excellent written and verbal communications skills who is exceptionally organised and detail oriented. The successful candidates will need to exhibit strong academic performance, exceptional interpersonal skills, and superior analytical skills.
- Trade settlement functions in markets throughout Europe.
- Daily reconciliations of books and records
- Monitoring and reporting of cash and stock balances
- Trade settlement data analysis
- Client and front office liaison
- Work closely with colleagues in Hong Kong and USA to provide full follow the sun model coverage
- Input cash wire movements to settle claims and interest payments.
Job Requirements/ Qualification
- A relevant university degree in finance, economics, or related discipline, or recognised professional or equivalent qualification, or qualified by experience (desirable).
- 2-3 years’ work experience in Operations/Clearing (desirable).
- Knowledge of investment types and financial markets (desirable).
- Experience with reconciliation, trade input and accounting reporting (desirable).
- Trade settlement experience in various international markets, with primary focus on European markets (desirable).
- Middle Office support experience an advantage (desirable).
- Maintains a professional business demeanor and work with a sense of urgency.
- Customer focused attitude, and able to interface directly with clients.
- Ensure high levels of confidentiality are maintained in relation to the work of the company and clients.
- CISI or any other relevant professional qualification (desirable)
- Experience working with clearing counterparties (desirable).
- Advanced Excel (the ability to manipulate and summarise financial data) would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Broadridge Gloss would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Swift, BNP NEO Link and UBS KeyLink would be advantageous.
- Exhibit TD Cowen’s Core Values
- Hard working and with the highest standards of personal integrity.
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- Ability to relate well with others and build relationships.
- Excellent teamwork and ability to collaborate with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, to perform effectively under pressure
- Rational and logical approach to problem solving
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Learn more at: https://www.cowen.com/ and https://www.linkedin.com/company/cowen-inc/
Privacy Notices and Policies | Cowen
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.