HR Compensation Accountant
Experienced - BFO
New York, NY
The Human Resources team is looking for an Accountant to join their Compensation team. The role will be based in the New York City office and a hybrid work-from-home / in-office opportunity.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Process monthly compensation entries via Workday Financials. This includes payroll, deferred compensation, and other compensation-based accruals.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly balance sheet and expense account reconciliations.
- Serve as point of contact for internal and external audit requests.
- Generate management reports and compensation projections for multiple businesses.
- Partner with payroll with accurately booking compensation components, which includes both cash and non-cash income.
- Monitor and process deferred compensation vesting events, which includes, but is not limited to, calculating tax obligation, interest accruals, dividend equivalent payout, and submitting approved payment requests to payroll
- Responsible for monthly deferred compensation award reconciliation and expense review.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of relevant accounting experience in financial services
- Understanding of month-end close process, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Strong Analytical skills and highly proficient with Microsoft Excel including PivotTables and Macros
- Collaborative and strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work with, influence, and build relationships with multiple stakeholders and with HR colleagues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and think clearly under pressure
- Highly organized, strong project management and excellent follow-through
- Self-motivated, curious learner; creative and willing to try new ideas
- Team player who is dependable, enthusiastic, and has a positive attitude
- Workday experience preferred
The expected base salary ranges from $120,000 - $160,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licenses or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. In addition to salary and a generous employee benefits package, successful candidates are eligible to receive a discretionary bonus.
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Learn more at: https://www.cowen.com/ and https://www.linkedin.com/company/cowen-inc/
If you are a California resident, please read our Privacy Notice for California Residents
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.