Risk Systems, Data and Reporting Analyst
Experienced - BFO
Overview and Responsibilities
- Maintaining the integrity of the Margin System by ensuring data issues are resolved
- Develop a capability to develop and maintain our third-party product implementations from Advent
- Running the Margin System and Producing Margin Reports for Clients
- Producing Management Reports to monitor Risk and Exposure run by the Business
- Contributing to the development of Margin and Risk Management
- Develop and Maintain End-User Applications that improve efficiency and effectiveness of Margin and Risk Management
- Work with Front and Back Office teams to resolve issues
- Contribute to and manage ad-hoc technology projects
- Liaising with IT and external software suppliers to ensure bugs are fixed and to enhance Margin System and Risk System
- Good analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent IT skills including strong VBA coding ability (R, DotNet, Matlab, Python would be desirable)”
- Keen interest in finance, investment management
- Quick to learn new ideas
- Team player, enthusiastic and dedicated
- Good communications skills especially explaining technical concepts
- Graduate in IT, Computing Science or Quantitative Subject
- 0 to 2 years’ experience
- Interested in Finance, but does not have to have worked or studied the subject
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Learn more at: https://www.cowen.com/ and https://www.linkedin.com/company/cowen-inc/
Privacy Notices and Policies | Cowen
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.