Experienced - BFO
Belfast, Northern Ireland, Belfast, UK
We are seeking a Reconciliation Analyst to add to our Belfast team, focusing on reconciliations and the provision of shadow reporting to our clients. The role will primarily support the London business, working on Reconciliations, Breaks Resolution and general Operational duties. We are looking for an individual with excellent written and verbal English communications skills who is exceptionally organised and detail oriented. The successful candidate will need to exhibit strong academic performance, along with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The Operations Professional must be able to manage multiple simultaneous tasks in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- General ledger reconciliations
- Reconciling transactions to ensure the accounting system reflects the correct transactions type, value, price, date etc.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality and accuracy of data
- Effectively report bugs and errors to development teams for resolution
- Work closely with the Development Team to improve system capability
- Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
Job Requirements / Qualifications
- A relevant university degree in finance, economics, or related discipline, or recognised professional or equivalent qualification.
- Up to 2 years’ experience working in professional or financial services
- Desire to build a career in Finance.
- Maintains a professional business demeanour and work with a sense of urgency.
- Customer focused attitude, and able to interface directly with clients if and when required.
- Ensure high levels of confidentiality are maintained in relation to the work of the company and clients.
- Team player with a strong desire to learn.
- Good written and verbal English communications skills.
- Intermediate to advanced computer software skills including Microsoft Office Word and Excel. In particular, the ability to use Excel to manipulate and summarise financial data.
- MS Teams
- Exhibit Cowen’s Core Values
- Confident, knowledgeable hardworking and with the highest standards of personal integrity.
- Able to create, build and maintain strong relations with a wide variety of clients.
- Ability to network across the entire Cowen group including with support functions and other client facing teams.
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- Ability to relate well with others and build relationships.
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent teamwork and ability to collaborate with others
Cowen is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.