Intern Software Developer
Intern - BFO
Belfast, Northern Ireland, Belfast, UK
Cowen’s development team is seeking to grow their existing development capability with an intern giving opportunities to work with existing development teams involved in web front-end applications, back-end processing engines and robotic processing applications. Opportunities will exist as well to work with the DevOps team in Cowen building knowledge on CI/CD technologies and other business applications.
Over the period of the internship, you have the opportunity to work with multiple teams based our Belfast office. You will have opportunities to support and enhancing the existing set of products as well as developing new solutions using the latest technologies. The role offers career growth for the right candidate in the form of technical & business knowledge with long term goals of technical ownership, design opportunities and increasing interaction with the business stakeholders to improve the service delivered.
Skills/ Experience Required:
- At least one years of relevant industry experience or a predicted grade of 2:1 or above in a technical related field, e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics
- Strong proficiency in at least one of the following: C#, SQL, Python, Matlab, R, UIPath
- A strong analytical / problem solving skillset
- Able to be pragmatic and prioritise problems and tasks appropriately
- Experience working closely with others on a development team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in Agile environments
- A strong interest in the Financial industry
- An interest in Robotic Processing technologies
- Aligned with Cowen’s Core Values
- Out of the box thinker who can analyze and interpret requests and arrive at the best solution to the problem at hand.
- Highly curious and adept at learning new, complex systems and the latest technologies.
- Embraces challenges and is a methodical problem solver
- Hard working and with the highest standards of personal integrity
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Great member of a team and passionate about working together
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.