Inclusion & Diversity Executive Assistant
New York, NY
Cowen’s I&D team is looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to help support the team. This is a great opportunity to get involved in helping build out a team within an exciting space. With proven success, career advancement opportunities across the platform are possible.
- Manage leadership team’s calendars and handle all incoming correspondence.
- Prepare Travel and Entertainment (T&E) expense reports for reimbursement using Workday as well as reconciliation of Amex Statements for team.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel as well as hotels, car rentals, car services etc. with travel agency as requested
- Screen phone calls from clients and greet visitors when required.
- Help to update PowerPoint presentations as needed for marketing meetings.
- Coordinate and support meetings/events with other internal departments and groups, including business resource groups, management committee, etc.
- Perform a range of staff and/or operational support activities; may serve as a liaison with other departments on basic administrative and/or operational matters.
- Maintain supplies and input new orders as needed.
- Manage and track invoice processing for I&D partnerships
- 5+ years of administrative experience (preferably in financial services).
- Strong proficiency in all MS office applications.
- Experience with Workday is a plus.
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to follow up and see tasks through to completion.
- Possess strong communication (written & verbal) and organizational skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all staff levels internally and externally.
- Has perfected multi-tasking and can work on multiple projects simultaneously, managing time/resources effectively while meeting critical deadlines.
- Exhibits strong professionalism and adaptability in a team-oriented environment and not afraid to be persistent while working independently.
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.