IT Infrastructure Engineer - Systems
Business and Financial Operations
Belfast, UK, London, England
The IT Infrastructure Engineer for Systems will be a key member of the team that manages and maintains the Cowen core system hardware and software globally to meet the 24/7 needs of our employees and our clients. Notably, should systems incidents occur, the Engineer must urgently identify the issues, troubleshoot, and resolve them. While working primarily in support of the US/UK firm operations, the Engineer shall also provide support for international operations.
- Urgently address any systems incidents that occur during business hours
- Promptly respond to requests for provisioning, troubleshooting, escalation, or other queries that arise regarding systems issues
- Perform off-hours maintenance and upgrade activities as needed
- Participate in on-call rotation for out of hours incidents
- Ensure that root causes of incidents are documented and communicated to the rest of the team(s) to prevent reoccurrences
Additional expectations include
- When not responding to incidents, the Engineer and team are responsible for projects that will help maintain the firm’s systems, address legal and compliance items, business demands, and any other requirements.
- Identify, plan, seek approval, and implement improvements in the infrastructure systems to provide greater stability, quicker failover, greater compliance, and all-around smoother operations
- Seek and pursue opportunities to learn more about the technologies in use at the firm, as well as technologies in use outside the firm that the firm would benefit from adopting and leveraging.
Travel: Local travel to datacenter, may be occasional travel elsewhere in UK.
Skills and Experiences
- A relevant university degree in technology or related discipline, or recognised professional or equivalent qualification, or qualified by experience
- 5+ years’ IT experience in a mid-sized financial services firm or other fast-paced professional services organization
- Experience of promptly resolving issues that are business critical alongside a wide breadth of knowledge across systems hardware and software, including servers, storage, backups, messaging, remote access, and security.
- Resolve, identify and troubleshoot incidents in a calm and professional manner, keeping stakeholders informed and minimizing impact wherever possible
- Ability to use initiative to prioritize problems and tasks appropriately
- Excellent communication skills and close attention to detail
- Proven ability and track record for being a team player who routinely puts the team’s success before their own
- Strong support and client management skills
Beneficial / Desirable
- Experience in financial services industry
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.