Asia Pacific Equity Trader
San Francisco, CA
Cowen Electronic Trading provides algorithmic trading solutions in Cash Equites for North American, Asian, and European markets. We’re looking to add a motivated and proactive team orientated professional to our Asia Pacific Equity Trading desk. The role entails working international hours and will remote but depending on your location, could also be hybrid function. This is an exciting opportunity with high career advancement potential.
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of trading including negotiating rates, maintaining internal databases, and interfacing with clients in the Asia market. There will be a focus on high-touch flow for this role but opportunities for low-touch exposure as well.
- Execution consulting, product expertise to supplement the Client Coverage team.
- Real-time monitoring of algorithmic trading systems, including market data, algorithmic system performance, and product usage.
- Working with venue and execution counterparties to resolve trading issues.
- Electronic coverage support for customizations and enhancement requests.
- Working with various teams within the firm to troubleshoot production issues.
- Opportunity to collaborate on ad hoc projects to assist Sales and Trading platform to advance processes etc.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-6 years of experience in Trading.
- Strong communication and technical skills.
- Organized, self-motivated, detail and deadline oriented.
- Good understanding of equity broker trading systems and trade flow from order entry to settlement.
- Familiarity with Fidessa OMS, and APAC market knowledge a plus
- Working knowledge of FIX messaging is a plus but not required.
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.