Diversity Talent Acquisition Partner
Business and Financial Operations
New York, NY
Cowen Inc. is seeking a Diversity Talent Acquisition Partner to join its team in New York, NY. This is a hybrid role and some business travel is to be expected.
- Strategy & Analytics:
- Help drive and implement Diversity Recruiting Strategy that aligns with Cowen’s values and brand in partnership with Business Division, Talent Acquisition, HR Business Partner and Inclusion & Diversity Teams.
- Enable recruiters with data, resources and sourcing initiatives that create customized recruiting strategies by pipeline.
- Manage and track all event and early talent university metrics, consolidating and analyzing results to make recommendations for improvements and ensure all hiring goals are achieved.
- Maintain and cultivate portfolio of diversity sourcing partnerships with both lateral and campus organizations in collaboration with Talent Acquisition
- Act as a firm ambassador internally and externally by establishing relationships with top talent and clearly communicating our vision and opportunities.
- Proactively build a pipeline of high caliber, diverse and well-qualified talent working collaboratively with internal teams across the Firm. Target recruit and develop a system of keeping candidates warm including partnership with Business Resource Groups and senior management to build a high-touch engagement strategy.
- Plan and attend industry and/or organizational diversity conferences and events and filter high potential candidates through to Divisional Recruiters for consideration for current open roles and/or pipelines.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition, Marketing, Corporate Communications, and external organizations to increase our brand recognition in diverse communities.
- Internal Partnerships and Initiatives:
- Establish a framework for diversity recruiting best practices and collaborate with Talent Acquisition to embed in training for both the HR team as well as hiring teams.
- Work with Talent Acquisition Leadership and Business Divisions to increase awareness of and remove bias in the recruitment process including but not limited to job descriptions and ads, screening practices, interviews panels and feedback, and extension of offers.
- Advise on the development and delivery of leading-edge diversity recruitment best practices
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience in diversity recruitment, program management and/or recruiting and university relations and sourcing (Agency and Corporate).
- Experience with recruiting in financial services is critical (preferred Banking, Sales & Trading and Research).
- Proven experience successfully building and deploying diversity talent acquisition strategies.
- Well-developed network of diverse talent pools and resources.
- Awareness of current diversity issues, trends, and organizations.
- Proven ability in managing and cultivating relationships with external sourcing partners.
- Ability to develop relationships with senior professionals and work collaboratively across teams.
- Credibility to influence at the highest levels within divisions and the firm.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated client focus.
- Strong project management skills.
- Analytical and metrics reporting capabilities.
- Ability to work in a high growth and agile environment; handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly.
- Proficiency with social media recruiting and branding campaigns.
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.