Business and Financial Operations
Lake Mary, FL
Cowen and Company is looking for an Analyst join their onboarding team based in Lake Mary, Florida and will be hybrid based. This position is a hands-on and client facing role, which primarily serves as the key point-person for opening new accounts, processing maintenance requests, closing accounts and partner with the rest of the team to ensure a strong control infrastructure in accordance with regulatory standards. The individual in this role will be focused on international markets and hours will aligned as such.
- Partner with Front Office and Middle office or work directly with clients to determine account structures.
- Develop relationships with Risk, KYC-AML, Middle Office, and Settlements to ensure partnership and efficient operation and coordination.
- Review onboarding documentation for accuracy and client completeness in order to meet regulatory standards.
- Responsible for processing new account requests, maintenance requests and populating additional information for clients.
- Review exception reports and escalate as needed.
- Manage key initial and ongoing client onboarding inquiries such as; establishing the identity of the client, understanding the nature of client activities and sending change of address notices to clients (i.e. the returned mail process).
- Responsible for managing communication stream to internal/external partners regarding audit inquiries.
- Opportunities to work on projects involving data integrity, clean up, and process improvements.
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree and 2-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Proficient in Office 365 suite including Excel and Outlook
- Ability to identify, escalate, and resolve problems/issues.
- Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrates efficient time management skills and critical thinking.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Proactive and self-starter who is goal oriented.
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.