IT Infrastructure Engineer - Information Security
Business and Financial Operations
Belfast, UK, London, England
THIS ROLE CAN BE BASED IN BELFAST, LONDON AND REMOTE.
Cowen’s information to augment their existing capabilities with an individual who has experience monitoring and managing information security-related systems in an enterprise.
- Help manage and maintain InfoSec owned services (AD, F5, SSO, Ansible, etc.) to maintain 24/7 availability
- Work on incidents and requests for InfoSec as well as provide escalation troubleshooting on items from other teams
- Review and analyze security related logs, alerts and events across our environment as well as maintain awareness of threats “in the wild”
- Assist with developing and enhancing our processes (on-, off-boarding, server builds, security metrics)
- General hours are 8.30am to 5.30pm but should be flexible to work other hours or holidays, if required.
Qualifications & Skills
- At least 5 years of experience working in information security, technology infrastructure, or related role
- Authentication (AD, Azure AD, SAML/OAUTH2/OIDC, RADIUS, MFA)
- Authorization (Windows, Linux, SQL, Azure AD, Office 365)
- Systems (F5, Web Proxies (incl squid), Monitoring/SIEM, Threat review (Crowdstrike, Zscaler, SumoLogic), VMWare, Ansible, Windows Workstation/Server, Linux (RedHat, CentOS, Alma)
- Proven ability to be a great team member working closely with peers
- Able to be pragmatic and discretion to prioritise problems and tasks appropriately
- Self-starter, with ability to manage own projects with minimal supervision
- Experience working in the Financial Industry
- Should have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- SQL, PowerShell, Python, Docker, Kubernetes
- Aligned with Cowen’s Core Values
- Out of the box thinker who is able to analyse and interpret requests and arrive at the best solution to the problem at hand.
- Highly curious and adept at learning new, complex systems and the latest technologies.
- Embraces challenges and is a methodical problem solver
- Hard working and with the highest standards of personal integrity
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, to perform effectively under pressure
- Great member of a team and passionate about teaching others
Cowen is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.