Cowen Digital Lending Associate
Cowen Digital offers full-service trade execution, and custody solutions via our strategic partnership with Standard Custody & Trust, with flexibility and resources to provide institutional clients with secure and compliant access to the digital asset ecosystem.
Cowen Digital brings proven expertise in traditional finance to digital asset trading, underpinned by Cowen’s integrated institutional grade infrastructure.
Cowen Digital enables institutional investors to:
- Access Cowen’s aggregated liquidity through ONE trusted counterparty
- Utilize Cowen’s proprietary algorithms through high-touch or low-touch trading
- Benefit from streamlined operational and capital efficiencies as well as post trade reporting
- Trade directly from Standard Custody’s cold storage solution
- Avoid pre-funding requirements and receive flexible net settlement arrangements
- Serve as the key connector between product traders and sales teams to help scale the lending business.
- Help develop the businesses strategy and drive the build-out of new products and services.
- Partner with Sales and Trading teams on new initiatives and identify potential partnerships across the industry.
- Support the lending and operations teams with loan settlement, digital asset transactions, legal documentation and other client service-related tasks.
- Take part in strategic projects to scale our lending infrastructure, including developing loan structuring & origination processes, loan cash flow tracking, and monitoring for esoteric loan types.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
- 5+ years of relevant experience in financial services or cryptocurrency.
- An interest in cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology and familiar with financial products and operational processes for booking and settlement.
- Strong analytical and modeling skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized, self-motivated and a proven ability to work well on teams.
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.