Operations Securities Finance Analyst
Business and Financial Operations
Cowen is currently seeking an Operations Professional, who will act as a key team player in the Settlements & Collateral team for our Stock Loan International business. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring timely allocation of trades, settlement, cash collateral movements and reconciliation of any exceptions. To help ensure our clients continue to receive an outstanding level of service, the Operations Professional must be able to manage multiple simultaneous tasks in a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for a professional with excellent written and verbal communications skills who is exceptionally organised and detail oriented. The successful candidates will need to exhibit strong academic performance, exceptional interpersonal skills, and superior analytical skills.
- Ensuring timely allocation of trades, settlement, cash collateral movements and reconciliation of any exceptions
- Liaising with counterparties, Agent banks, Treasury and Front office to resolve issues and settle trades
- Working with Front Office to resolve booking issues and amendments
- Working with Treasury daily to project the day’s cash usage
- Resolving any external breaks on the daily contract comparison report
- Pre-matching trades for future settlement
- Investigating outstanding internal and external stock and cash breaks and resolving them in a timely manner
- Working closely with the New York team to address any outstanding issues from the day
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
- A relevant university degree in finance, economics or related discipline, or recognised professional or equivalent qualification, or qualified by experience
- 1-3 years’ work experience in Operations/Clearing/ International Settlements/Sec Lending Middle Office/Collateral Management
- Knowledge of investment types and financial markets
- Experience with reconciliations, trade input and accounting reporting
- Trade settlement experience in various International markets or Sec lending Middle Office support experience
- Customer focused attitude, and able to interface directly with clients
- Ability to ensure high levels of confidentiality are maintained in relation to the work of the company and clients.
- Good written and verbal English communications skills
- Experience working with clearing counterparties
- Ability to manage high volumes with multiple settlement and payment deadlines.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel (the ability to manipulate and summarise financial data)
- Knowledge of Broadridge systems, including 4SF, Shadow and Gloss would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Swift, DTC, BNP NEO Link and UBS KeyLink would be advantageous.
- Exhibit Cowen’s Core Values
- Hard working and with the highest standards of personal integrity.
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- Ability to relate well with others and build relationships.
- Excellent teamwork and ability to collaborate with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, to perform effectively under pressure
- Rational and logical approach to problem solving
Cowen is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.