Operations Financial Control Analyst
Business and Financial Operations
Belfast, Northern Ireland
We’re seeking an Operations Professional to add to our Belfast team, focusing on reconciliations and the provision of shadow reporting to our internal stakeholders. We are looking for a colleague with excellent written and verbal communications skills who is exceptionally organised and detail oriented.
To help ensure our clients continue to receive an outstanding level of service, the Operations Professional must be able to manage multiple simultaneous tasks in a fast paced, high-pressure environment. The successful candidate will need to exhibit strong academic performance, exceptional interpersonal skills, and superior analytical and computer skills.
- Performing daily reconciliations of internal bank and custody accounts against records held at the custodian.
- Creating daily MI and preparing various reports to share with various stakeholders.
- Maintains a professional business demeanor and work with a sense of urgency
- Willing to step into other operational/regulatory/compliance processes on an ‘as needed’ basis
- Communicate regularly with various internal and external stakeholders
- Daily usage of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
- General hours are 8.30am to 5.30pm but should be flexible to work other hours or holidays, if required.
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
- 1-2 years’ experience in a finance or operations environment
- Familiar with Trade processing and front to back-office flows including trade settlement.
- A relevant university degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or related discipline, or recognized professional or equivalent qualification, or qualified by experience.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented with an operational control mindset
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, ability to use formula and manipulate data and daily usage of other Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
- Exhibit Cowen’s Core Values
- Hard working and with the highest standards of personal integrity.
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- Ability to relate well with others and build relationships.
- Excellent teamwork and ability to collaborate with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, to perform effectively under pressure
- Rational and logical approach to problem solving
Cowen is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.