Operations Middle Office Analyst
Business and Financial Operations
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Cowen is currently looking for an Operations Specialist to join its Middle Office team in Belfast.
As a Middle Office Analyst you will be responsible for executing complex transactions/bookings and participating in complex processes in coordination within the Middle Office. Primary functions include Trader and Sale person support, Control and Client support. You will be the subject matter expert in relation to Global Middle Office practices and be able to work with several departments, these include but are not limited to; KYC/Onboarding, Settlements and Trade Support/IT. You will also assist with break root cause analysis and break resolution, maximising automation with a view to minimise manual processing and be comfortable participating in project work involving process improvement, system implementation, new product and UAT Sessions.
- Support the pre and post trade process by utilising proprietary systems for downstream trade processing and ensuring the accurate allocation of trades to client accounts for all Global Markets.
- Liaise with local agents, clients, trading desks, and internal functional teams for timely, precise reporting of trade executions in accordance with client needs.
- Completing daily reconciliations to ensure the quality and accuracy of our reporting.
- Review daily exception reports; research and resolve exceptions to ensure accurate reconciliation.
- Act as the first line of defense for transaction reporting by managing controls and oversight metrics to show trends and anomalies that require further root cause analysis and remediation, and escalation of such items.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- General hours are 7.00am to 4.00pm but should be flexible to work other hours or holidays, if required.
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
- A relevant university degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or related discipline, or recognised professional or equivalent qualification, or qualified by experience.
- 1-2 years’ work experience in Operations, preferably in Middle Office/Trade Allocation/Trade Support..
- Experience in Accounting, Finance, or the securities industry preferred.
- Experience with a broker dealer or back-office operations is a plus.
- Experience with DTCC/SWIFT products a plus.
- Large volume of email. Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of products is required with a heavy emphasis on Excel.
- Exhibit Cowen’s Core Values
- Team-oriented environment, but must also be a self-starter who can manage competing priorities
- Ability to relate well with others and build relationships.
- Excellent teamwork and ability to collaborate with others
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
Cowen is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.