Commission Management Analyst
New York, NY
Cowen’s Westminster Research business is looking for a Commission Management Analyst in the CT/NY area. The successful candidate will work alongside Westminster’s Institutional Sales and Operations teams, in a team-oriented environment with opportunity for advancement in the Sales & Trading organization.
- Play a key support function for all of Westminster’s Institutional Sales and Operations teams.
- Aid the team with client inquiries via both phone and e-mail communications as needed.
- Communicate with external broker dealers to reconcile trades and resolve breaks.
- Payment administration and maintenance (wire and ACH preparation and documentation).
- Manage new vendor onboarding / due diligence processes.
- Work on ad hoc projects as directed by Sales and Operations teams to further develop and support growth of the business.
- Manage key data analytics and keep internal business systems updated on a regular basis.
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 0-3 years of experience in either Sales and/or Operations support or some form of financial services role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including a high degree of comfortability with Excel.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet critical deadlines with high level of detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated with strong written and verbal communications skills to ensure prompt and professional approach when working with clients and colleagues.
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.