Equity Salesperson, Healthcare
New York, NY
Cowen and Company is looking for a Research Salesperson in the CT/NY area. The successful candidate will help to support two Senior Healthcare Equity Salespeople cover Institutional accounts. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a premier Healthcare platform, in a team-oriented environment with high career advancement potential.
- Liaise with Institutional clients and Healthcare Research, Trading, Derivatives, and Cross-Asset partners across the Firm.
- Maintain CRM database and Research distribution lists.
- Respond to client requests via phone and email and help manage the distribution of research and earnings models as well as corporate access, and conference meeting requests.
- Work closely with broader Investment Banking team to coordinate all aspects of existing client management, new business origination and deal execution.
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
- 2-4 years of experience in either Healthcare Equities or some form of healthcare based financial role (Capital Markets, Banking etc.).
- Basic financial knowledge e.g., understand income statements/balance sheets required.
- Ability to synthesize data rapidly and analyze/communicate findings clearly and articulately.
- Strong science/biomedical knowledge and/or pursuance of CFA a plus but not critical.
- Series 7 and 63 may be required upon joining.
- Follows-up to ensure completion of projects and meets critical deadlines
- Interacts professionally with clients and colleagues, responds promptly to requests accurately and with a courteous demeanor.
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.