New York, NY
Cowen Prime Services, Foreign Exchange Department, is looking for an Operations Analyst to join our team in New York.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. The team provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Foreign Exchange Middle Office is responsible for the effective functioning and/or monitoring of all Operations related activities. It is a front-to-back client service function supporting the Global Foreign Exchange business including trade processing, unaffirmed/unmatched trade management, fails management, breaks resolution, and client reporting. The group interacts with our FX Prime Brokers, Execution desks, other Operations areas, Finance, and IT daily.
- Act as a liaison between Cowen FX Trading team and FX Prime brokers on all trading utilities including resolving trade discrepancies with internal and external affiliates, advising team on unaffirmed/unmatched trades, fails or breaks and escalating issues to management as necessary.
- Deliver a high standard of service through providing timely responses and resolutions to Trader inquiries as well as client requests and issues, while maintaining a high-quality daily service standard.
- Provide operational guidance in the areas of process, policy and procedures and make sound, definitive business decisions which meet clients' needs within the confines of Cowen policies and guidelines.
- Instruct trades and trade amendments to service providers when necessary.
- Oversee external service providers (i.e. brokers, banks and vendors).
- Prepare reports for management and internal committees.
- Assist other areas of the firm to support client needs and respond to general trading inquires.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
- 2022 graduates with a Bachelor’s degree
- Interest in Finance
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, including the ability to work comfortably within Excel.
- Proven ability to work well on teams, showing initiative, a positive attitude, and a willingness to work hard.
- Excellent verbal and written communication Skills.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Organized, self-motivated, detail and deadline oriented.
- Ability to understand and analyze complex problems and provide effective tactical and strategic solutions.
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.