Sales & Trading Business Management Associate
New York, NY
The Sales & Trading Business Management Team partners with divisions across the Cowen platform to build a cohesive approach to identify client opportunities, drive market wallet gains and optimize the allocation of resources.
This role is great for someone with 1+ years of foundational Analyst experience (i.e. Capital Markets, Research, Sales & Trading or Finance) and looking to for hands-on with exposure to Global Senior Sales & Trading Management teams. You will work closely with the Markets Global Chief Operating Officer and assist in moving forward key front-office strategic initiatives as well as collaboration to drive day-to-day management.
Location: New York, NY / Stamford, CT
- Drive the execution of key strategic initiatives by providing insightful analysis on client business in partnership with the Equities Sales, Trading and Cross-Asset teams.
- Manage, build and enhance key client reporting including commission trends, market share, broker vote, profitability KPI’s and third-party competitive metrics.
- Support account review process in partnership with the coverage team and Senior Management to identify and create actionable items that address client needs and market share opportunities.
- Assist in developing client segmentation to ensure Research, Sales and Corporate Access teams are efficiently deployed and monetized.
- Daily collaboration across Markets Global Sales & Trading desk to promote cross-selling and work to ensure clients are engaged across the Cowen Franchise.
- Provide project management support to Investment Banking counterparts.
- Manage Cowen’s CRM and support Sales & Trading inquiries and future enhancements.
- Coordinate with technical teams to ensure fidelity of key data sources.
- Assist in creating and updating strategy decks for Senior Leaders across the Firm to use for keynote meetings.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years professional experience in Capital Markets within Business Management, Sales, Financial Analyst or related roles.
- Strong interpersonal and quantitative skills with the ability to synthesize complex business problems and present simple solutions.
- Technical skills: Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, including the ability to manipulate, analyze and visualize large and complex datasets within Excel. Experience with CRM systems and Business Intelligence software (Tableau, Qlikview) preferred.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and maintain the highest level of attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills including strong organization, ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter with proactive and effective communication skills and an ability to build relationships across diverse teams and personalities
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.