Tax Operations Analyst
Business and Financial Operations
Lake Mary, FL
Tax Operations is seeking an Analyst to join its team. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the global Tax Operations function (Documentation, Cost Basis, Transaction Tax, Withholding and Reporting). Furthermore, you will be responsible for analyzing new rules, process changes and supporting overall regulatory compliance for the firm.
Some of Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage the firm’s compliance with global tax and regulatory obligations
- Validate tax forms, client classifications and cost basis processing
- Manage Stamp, Transaction Tax, VAT, GST and Global Market Taxes and Fees
- Support Common Reporting Standards, FATCA and DAC6/MDR filings
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME), specializing in one of several Tax disciplines, but primarily focused on withholding tax, transaction taxes and market fees (i.e., Stamp, PTM, Capital Gains, etc.)
- Process large amounts of data to transmit to third party vendors and clients
- Lead analysis and implementation of tax changes including documenting business/functional requirements, testing and business outreach
- Responsible for providing management transparency and reporting into compliance matters and, coordination of cross-divisional tax-related regulatory compliance initiatives
- Respond to internal and external client and third-party inquiries
- Perform reconciliations and exception processing to support controls and tax compliance
- Identify areas of improvement and recommend efficiency and control enhancements
- Assist other team members in reporting activities throughout the year which may be outside your normal duties
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years financial industry work experience
- Experience with Tax, Asset Servicing, Business Analysis and/or Project Management
- Experience with Custody, Broker Dealers and Prime Brokerage
- Familiarity with cost basis reconciliations and reporting
- Ability to identify, escalate, and resolve problems/issues
- Demonstrates strong analytical, critical thinking and organizational skills
- Self-starter and ability to learn quickly
- Advanced knowledge of FATCA, CRS, and foreign filing requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- A desire to learn and take on increasingly new and challenging tasks
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize workload and drive results
- Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills
- Willing to learn and to balance a diverse workload with multiple deadlines
- Experience with JIRA, SharePoint, Sigma, Snowflake, SQL and Alteryx a plus
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.