Service Desk Engineer
Business and Financial Operations
New York, NY
Cowen is currently seeking a Service Desk Engineer to join its New York team. Service Desk Engineer's primary role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests and application support. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level. Candidate may be required to interact with other members of the IT Team to diagnose and resolve unique problems. At times, the candidate may be asked to assist in the maintenance and testing of network, servers and/or associated equipment. This position works closely with other internal teams to ensure a consistent and high-quality level of service and that all user and IT requirements are met as outlined.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receive and log calls for assistance from employees, affiliates, and station clients via the support line or mailbox.
- Setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of hardware and software.
- Record all requests received in Service Now.
- Track the progress of requests through to successful completion.
- Communicate information to customers regarding system outages as well as updates on their requests.
- Communicate any escalation of issues and or problems to proper management.
- Communicate with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Perform basic network administration tasks, such as setting up new user accounts and granting access to network resources.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Provide superior service and customer support during field visits or dispatches.
- Diagnose and perform on-site installations, repairs, and maintenance.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Executive level support.
- Create documentation when needed.
The following are the minimum requirements for the position:
- 5 years previous help/service desk experience
- Strong customer service focus with good interpersonal, rapport-building, and listening skills.
- Strong working knowledge or Windows 10.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Knowledge of computer hardware.
- Experience supporting remote users over VPN and Citrix.
- Experience with ITIL-oriented ticketing systems, preferably Service Now.
- Highly motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to clearly present ideas to all levels of users.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must to both the end user and management.
- Flexible, Patient, Approachable.
- Team Player, Self-Motivated, Creative, Goal-Oriented.
- Knowledge of SCCM for software deployment and OS provisioning.
- Experience with video conferencing solutions – Zoom preferred.
- Knowledge of Cisco IP phones and Call Manager.
- Experience with Exchange, delegating access to calendar/contacts.
- Experience supporting a trading environment, including market data/trading applications.
As part of its hiring process, Cowen verifies identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by law. At this time, Cowen Group will not sponsor a new applicant for an employment visa for this position.
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.