Product Manager, Healthcare - Kyber Data Science
Data Science Group
New York, NY
Kyber Data Science is a startup developing novel alternative data products to help institutional investors make better portfolio decisions. We layer advanced data science analytics to effectively interpret healthcare sector dynamics across pharmaceutics, medical devices and other healthcare companies.
Backed by Cowen, a leading investment bank, and powered by one of the largest and most diverse sources of real-world data, Kyber is uniquely positioned to develop and commercialize innovative products that enable institutional investors to outperform. We make use of a multitude of datasets from public and private sources to develop a comprehensive view of the industry and guide our clients to tailor analyses for their investment focus.
Kyber Data Science is looking for an experienced product manager to lead product development initiatives for our healthcare data & analytics offerings. The ideal candidate will have experience building data and analytics tools for either healthcare (life sciences, med devices, payers, or providers) or financial services users. You will have an eye for gaps in current product offerings and an innovative and practical approach toward addressing them. This role requires highly effective communication and coordination cross-functionally with data science, sales, marketing and engineering.
This is a unique opportunity to lead the development of Kyber’s next generation of healthcare data products while collaborating with a team of experienced healthcare data users to discover and productize novel approaches to investment research.
Location: Preferably New York City or Boston but other remote US options are available.
- Oversee all product development initiatives with a specific focus on translating product strategy into detailed requirements, developing and managing roadmaps and timelines, and supporting the business with pre- and post-launch needs
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototype construction and final product development by data science and development teams
- Run a structured and consistent product management process
- Engage with internal and external product users to optimize user experience and minimize time to insights
- Collaborate with management and the organization to set the strategic roadmap and drive resource and investment decisions utilizing stakeholder feedback, intuition, market research
- Collaborate closely with data science, engineering, marketing, and sales teams on the development, QA, and release of products and balance of resources to ensure success for the entire organization
- 5+ years in a dynamic product management role
- Proven experience overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle
- Experience developing data products with user friendly interfaces, preferably with healthcare data or for investors
- Experience driving ongoing UI/UX enhancements
- Highly effective cross-functional team management
- Proven ability to ruthlessly prioritize between what we could do vs what we should do
- Exceptional writing and editing skills combined with strong presentation skills
- Power user of project management tools and best practices
- High empathy for customers to understand pain points and how best to design products to fit into customer workflow with the least friction possible
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.