Regulatory Reporting and Controls Team Lead
Business and Financial Operations
Belfast, UK, London, UK
Cowen is currently seeking a Regulatory Reporting and Controls Analyst to join our Belfast team.
- Act as the first line of defence for transaction regulatory reporting by managing controls and oversight metrics to show trends and anomalies that require further root cause analysis and remediation, and escalation of such items.
- Completing daily reconciliations to ensure the quality and accuracy of our reporting
- Reviewing and understanding various reporting regulation and how it impacts Cowen and its entities and keep current with pending regulation changes
- Communicate regularly with various internal and external stakeholders
- Deliver governance metrics for senior level operating committees
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, ability to use formula and manipulate data and daily usage of other Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
- Willing to step into other operational/regulatory/compliance processes on an ‘as needed’ basis
- General hours are 8.30am to 5.30pm but should be flexible to work other hours or holidays, if required.
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
- A relevant university degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or related discipline, or recognised professional or equivalent qualification, or qualified by experience.
- 1-2 years’ experience in finance or operations preferred.
- Individual must be dependable, responsible, motivated and demonstrate the ability to be successful with minimal supervision. Must be highly organised and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed during challenging circumstances, including strict deadlines and technical issues and maintain composure under pressure.
- Candidate must possess strong customer relationship skills.
- Must possess problem solving ability, strong computer and communication skills.
- Control oriented; familiar with Trade processing and front to back-office flows.
- Have an operational compliance and controls mindset
- Microsoft Office including Outlook, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced Excel (ability to use formulas and manipulate data).
- Exhibit Cowen’s Core Values
- Confident, knowledgeable hard working and with the highest standards of personal integrity.
- Able to create, build and maintain strong relations with a wide variety of clients, custodians and other service providers.
- Comfortable liaising with Front Office staff on a daily basis.
- Ability to network across the entire Cowen group including with support functions and other client facing teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- Exceptional organisation skills
- Excellent teamwork and ability to collaborate with others
- Effective problem solver with exquisite attention to detail
Cowen is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.