Senior Web Developer
Business and Financial Operations
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Cowen is seeking a hands-on web developer who can help us bring Cowen to the next level of functionality, scalability, and user experience. Cowen is actively developing new event-driven microservices architecture to form a foundational platform for delivering new CRM applications for our Investment Banking Division.
You will work with a very senior, international team in technology and finance, designing, implementing and optimising our M&A platform to deliver new products and drive revenue.
The successful candidate will be responsible for defining the roadmap, delivering software end-to-end, from liaising with bankers and product managers, to coordinating across international development teams on engineering and architecture to working with our QA and support teams - all ultimately to deliver a quality, innovative product to bankers who depend on our platform to outperform.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience developing frontend solutions
- Expert level Node.js and Angular knowledge
- Broad knowledge of other web platform and technologies
- Demonstratable strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to be a great team member working closely with peers, especially in the current remote setting
- Proven ability to integrate and build relationships with senior stakeholders
- Experience working in the financial industry
- Interest in UX and UI design implementation
- Experience with CI/CD tools like GitLab, GitLab Runner and Octopus
- Automated unit testing and test-driven development
- Experience in other development languages
- Demonstrable knowledge of industry standard development methodologies
- Ability to discern and advise on the differences between software implementations
- Should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to interface directly with senior business stakeholders
- Experience building M&A related solutions, Experience working in Agile environments
- Familiarity and implementation of industry-standard algorithms and design patterns
- Experience mentoring other developers
- Aligned with Cowen’s Core Values
- Out of the box thinker who is able to analyze and interpret requests and arrive at the best solution to the problem at hand
- Highly curious and adept at learning new, complex systems and the latest technologies.
- Embraces challenges and is a methodical problem solver
- Hard working and with the highest standards of personal integrity
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, to perform effectively under pressure
- Comfort working in a roll up your sleeves and get the job done environment
- Great member of a team and passionate about teaching others
Cowen is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.