Senior Software Developer
Business and Financial Operations
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Cowen is seeking to augment their existing development capability with a senior individual who has experience developing and supporting a highly complex business environment with a focus on crypto assets. This senior developer will work on new applications that support our trading desks including applications that are built entirely in-house as well as processes that work with vendor-based applications. The successful candidate will need strong technological as well as organisational and communication skills.
You will join a new initiative in Cowen focused on crypto assets in the financial industry. You will be responsible for building and supporting a suite of products for a new and emerging industry. The role offers career growth for the right candidate in the form of technical ownership, design opportunities and increasing interaction with the business stakeholders to improve the service delivered.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in a software development capacity
- At least 5 years of experience developing in C# .NET
- At least 2 years of experience developing frontend solutions such as Angular, MVC or other web technologies
- Experience with CI/CD tools like GitLab, GitLab Runner and Octopus
- Experience working with relational databases
- Proven ability to be a great team member working closely with peers, especially in the current remote setting
- Proven ability to integrate and build relationships with senior stakeholders
- Experience working in the financial industry
- Experience working in a sell-side broker or with trading applications
- Experience in other development languages
- Demonstrable knowledge of industry standard development methodologies
- Ability to discern and advise on the differences between software implementations
- Should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to interface directly with senior business stakeholders
- Experience with crypto assets
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Experience mentoring other developers
- Aligned with Cowen’s Core Values
- Out of the box thinker who is able to analyze and interpret requests and arrive at the best solution to the problem at hand
- Highly curious and adept at learning new, complex systems and the latest technologies.
- Embraces challenges and is a methodical problem solver
- Hard working and with the highest standards of personal integrity
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, to perform effectively under pressure
- Great member of a team and passionate about teaching others
Cowen is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.