2023 Investment Banking Summer Analyst Program (Detroit)
Intern - IB
Cowen’s Investment Banking Summer Analyst Program is a ten-week internship that offers an unparalleled experience for undergraduate students. Interns can expect a fast-paced, demanding work environment that offers the chance to learn and grow professionally. This application is specific to our Detroit office with the Sell-Side M&A team.
What You Can Expect
- One week of formal training in New York City for all participants at the start of the internship.
- Day-to-day activities include financial analysis and modeling, company and industry research, involvement in the development of client presentations, and interactions with senior bankers and clients.
- Participation in weekly lunches with senior leaders throughout Cowen and a mentorship program.
- Social events are part of each intern’s program, regardless of location. You’ll get the chance to experience Cowen’s culture and better assimilate into our firm.
- Approximately 50 summer interns are hired annually across the U.S., with the goal of converting each intern into a full-time hire for the following year.
Who We Are Looking For
Undergraduate students interested in Investment Banking whose anticipated graduation date is between December 2023 and June 2024.
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.