Data Science Group
Belfast, Northern Ireland, Belfast, UK
Kyber Data Science, a Cowen Inc. company, is bringing healthcare data to the financial industry with innovative data products that enable investors to track trends across the healthcare sector, from pharmaceuticals and medical devices to provider groups.
We make use of hundreds of datasets from public and private sources to develop a comprehensive view of the industry, and share our decades of industry expertise with clients to tailor analyses for their investment focus.
As a DevOps Engineer you will:
- Take a leadership role in DevOps. Build tooling to ensure that our development teams can rapidly develop data products while simultaneously ensuring that our production systems operate without interruption.
- Develop CI/CD processes for the Engineering and Data Science groups
- Provision infrastructure in the cloud using Terraform
- Build and support development and production environments
- Work to improve our Developers Experience
- Build automation to monitor our production systems for anomalies
- Advocate for best practices within our organization
- Develop monitoring and notifications systems
- Participate in on call rotations for production system support, as required
Skills and Qualifications
A successful candidate will have strong experience in the areas of DevOps and will be able to take a leadership role in this area. This candidate will be familiar with DevOps technologies that support infrastructure as code, CI/CD, monitoring/notification, provisioning/administering machines in the cloud. A successful candidate should be familiar with the latest DevOps practices and tooling.
- AWS experience including VPC, EC2, IAM, RDS, and Lambda
- Strong at shell scripting and Linux
- Ability to troubleshoot networking problems
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with containerization technologies
- Ansible or similar
- Jenkins or similar
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.