Trading Technology Support Analyst
Cowen Prime Services is looking for a Technology Support Analyst to join our prime brokerage and outsourced trading technology solutions group. The role will grow to include junior trading duties.
- Support trading systems for global trading desks internally as well as our external hedge fund and asset manager clients, including traders, portfolio managers, CFO/COO/CTOs
- Serve as first line of support for all trading system and technology inquires – troubleshoot, triage, and manage issues from point of origin to resolution
- Liaise with third party software providers, brokers, prime brokers, and administrators
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the user base
- Assist with technology onboarding of new clients, trading system enhancements, and projects
- Assist with reporting requests from management and traders
- Interest and ability to learn and take on junior trading duties, including:
- Assist in order execution passed by PM
- Trade reconciliation & liaison with operations
- Commission and broker management
- Account file management and compliance ad hoc reporting
- Ensure trading system integrity
Job Requirements / Qualifications
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience in financial services
- Client-facing technical support experience required
- Financial knowledge of equity and equity derivatives
- Trading experience a plus, but not required
- Self-starter with ability to work in fast paced trading desk environment
- Ability to work as a team
- Strong organizational, communication skills, and ability to multi-task
- Experience working with trading systems and order management systems; Eze OMS and Realtick experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of SQL, FIX protocol, and electronic trading a plus
- Must be able to support during pre- and post-market hours
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.