Corporate Actions Associate
Business and Financial Operations
Lake Mary, FL
Cowen is currently seeking a Corporate Actions Associate to join its Lake Mary team.
- Subject matter expert well versed in the entire lifecycle of all Domestic Mandatory and Voluntary Corporate action events.
- In depth knowledge of DTCC platform (CA Web/Settlements/Smart Track).
- Reconciliation of Clients security holdings on internal systems and across all DTCC platform.
- Support of Agency Lending processing, liaising with counterparties on deadlines, elections and entitlement processing.
- Manage the risk of accurate and timely receipt and application of instructions received, against the security holdings.
- Timely Payment and reconciliation of all entitlements.
- Management of risk, collating and applying instructions for any elective events against the security holdings.
- Calculation and allocation of new entitlements to position holders received as the result of a corporate action.
- Proactive management and active resolution of break items.
- Support and cover for team colleagues during period of extensive volume, holiday and cross training.
- Support any market and business initiatives.
- Proactive daily management of Checklists, End of Day Controls and Event level controls.
- Review daily exception reports; research and resolve exceptions to ensure accurate reconciliation.
- Associate must have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Domestic Mandatory and Voluntary Corporate Actions.
- Able to deal with high pressure situations and ability to prioritize in a timely manner successfully is essential.
- Good risk management approach skills.
- The associate needs to be numerically & computer literate due to the numerous system applications.
- Must have strong attention to detail and work with a sense of urgency.
- Must have good Microsoft Excel skills.
- Client service oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment; must be able to manage tight deadlines and situations where conflicting priorities arise on a daily basis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Able to successfully react to workload changes.
- Demonstrate strong team player approach.
- Self-motivated with an active approach to problem solving.
- ***Knowledge of Broadridge BPS and Shadow Suite Financial systems are a plus***
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.