Investment Banking Associate, Capital Markets Operations & Administration
Experienced - IB
New York, NY
The Capital Markets group of the Investment Banking division is responsible for the origination and execution of all capital raising activities for corporate clients. As a critical part of the Equity Capital Markets team, you will be responsible for supporting the administrative, operations, compliance, and regulatory aspects of the execution of public equity and equity-linked offerings.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Serving as back up support for syndicate functions including Reg-M (helping to ensure all are handled appropriately with the Control Room on all follow-ons, PIPES, SPACS, ATMs), wires, deal allocations, buyback programs
- Assist in database creation and maintenance for buyside discovery, marketing initiatives, non-deal roadshows and deal allocations
- Creating and maintaining a “Best Practices” checklist and working in conjunction with industry bankers to ensure accuracy for internal memos and transaction execution
- Ensuring that any committee follow-ups are properly documented and executed on a swift timeframe
- Maintaining vetting sheets with all sector pods within the Capital Markets platform
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree
- 3 + years of banking, compliance, legal, operations or regulatory related experience in the financial services industry
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Sound judgement and ability to maintain confidential information with discretion and escalate issues appropriate
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and deadline-driven; must be able to operate with a sense of urgency
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels of employees
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, and effectively manage change upon short notice.
- Team player who is dependable, enthusiastic, and has a positive attitude
- Self-motivated, curious learner
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.