Data Engineer with DevOps
Data Science Group
New York, NY
Kyber Data Science, a Cowen Inc. company, is bringing healthcare data to the financial industry with innovative data products that enable investors to track trends across the healthcare sector, from pharmaceuticals and medical devices to provider groups.
We make use of hundreds of datasets from public and private sources to develop a comprehensive view of the industry, and share our decades of industry expertise with clients to tailor analyses for their investment focus
Assist in the creation of data products that provide insights on company and industry trends. You will support the development of systems that process large volumes of health care data from various sources.
As a Data Platform engineer you will:
- Develop automated and scalable systems that support transformations of terabytes of data
- Build automation to monitor our production systems for anomalies
- Collaborate with members of the data science and product teams on data analysis projects and research activities
- Develop QA/QC suites to process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of incoming transaction-level data, including data anomaly detection
- Develop libraries of re-usable code for the Data Science teams
Responsibilities in the areas of DevOps:
- Build tooling to ensure that our data science teams can rapidly develop software while simultaneously ensuring that our production systems continue to operate without interruption.
- Develop CI/CD processes for the Engineering and Data Science groups
- Provision infrastructure in the cloud - as code
- Support development and production environments
A successful candidate will be a strong Python programmer. We prefer candidates with experience working with Spark, AWS, and databases. The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of technical experience with a focus on modern data engineering. A successful candidate will be able to advocate for best engineering practices in our organization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be responsive to changing requirements.
- Comfortable working in Linux and Windows
- Strong at SQL
- Strong programmer including OOP
- Spark, Snowflake, AWS
- Knowledge of database design to support both OLAP and OLTP
- Terraform, Docker, Luigi, Jenkins
- Experience with health care data
- BS or Master's degree in computer science or prior work experience as a Data Engineer
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.