Business and Financial Operations
New York, NY
Are you excited by storytelling and creating narratives? Do you have strong attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple tasks? Are you a team player, eager to be part of a fast-paced team where you can learn and have a significant impact from day one?
As the Marketing Analyst/ Associate at Cowen, you’ll be part of a growing financial services firm working closely with senior members of the marketing team to ideate and execute marketing campaigns and assist with data and analytics. The ideal candidate should demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task and be able to work independently and as part the team. Job responsibilities include:
- Managing transaction marketing campaigns from start to finish
- Writing or copy editing intranet and thought leadership pieces and publishing in Wordpress
- Assisting with the preparation and development of senior level presentations
- Helping to plan, execute, and optimize social media campaigns on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Assisting with promotional item orders & fulfillment
- Aligning marketing content with brand guidelines and ensuring compliance with legal guidelines
- Assisting with additional tasks as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills. Ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Interest in design or the visual arts
- Ability to analyze data
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with the financial services industry
- Creative mindset with the ability to conceptualize new ideas
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Detail oriented with excellent ability to follow through
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite including PowerPoint and Excel
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.