Investment Banking Vice President, Israel
Experienced - IB
Tel Aviv, Israel
Cowen Investment Banking is seeking a Vice President or Associate candidate to join our Banking team in Israel. With primary responsibility for the origination and management of transactions, the successful candidate will be entrepreneurial and self-driven, playing a vital role in all aspects of sourcing and executing transactions as well as maintaining strategic dialog with Israeli clients.
- Originating capital markets transactions, including IPOs, equity and debt private placements, and M&A transactions with Israeli clients leveraging Cowen’s prominent middle market banking franchise especially in the growth and disruptive sectors
- Managing deal execution and project management throughout the transaction
- Preparing presentation materials and participating in marketing meetings with key clients
- Performing valuation analysis, including DCF, trading comparables, transaction precedents and LBO modeling
- Constructing detailed merger consequences and other financial analysis in the context of M&A transactions
- Regularly interacting with senior Cowen team members
Job Requirements & Qualifications
Candidates must have a strong interest in investment banking underpinned by solid quantitative and analytical skills. Ability to think creatively about a range of strategic issues confronting the firm’s clients with an exceptional grasp on valuation, finance, business strategy and accounting issues. Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelors’ degree from a leading university;
- Minimum of 3-year work experience in investment banking, investing or similar transactional experience
- High levels of ethics, integrity, and judgment
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior clients
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Extensive financial modeling skills
- Comfort in and commitment to a teamwork environment
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills both in Hebrew and English
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
Learn more: https://www.cowen.com/ and https://www.linkedin.com/company/cowen-inc/
We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.